- Waller K et al. Trihalomethanes in drinking
water and spontaneous abortion. Epidemiology 1998;9:134-40.
- King WD and Marrrett LD. Case-control study
of bladder cancer and chlorination by-products in treated water
(Ontario, Canada). Cancer Causes & Controls 1996;7:596-604.
- Gurunathan S. et al. Accumulation of Chlorpyrifos
on residential surfaces and toys accessible to children. Env Health
Persp 1998;106:9-16. (Abstract)
- Wright CG. et al. Chlorpyrifos in the air
and soil of houses eight years after its application for termite
control. Bull Environ Contam Toxicol 1994;52:131-134
- Levesque B. et al. Carbon monoxide in indoor
ice skating rinks: evaluation of absorption by adult hockey players.
Am J Pub Health 1990;80:594-8.
- Arbuckle,TE, Sever LE. Pesticide exposures
and fetal death: A review of the epidemiologic literature. Crit
Rev Tox 1998;28:229-270.
- Weidner IS, et al. Cryptorchidism and hypospadias
in sons of gardeners and farmers. Env Health Persp 1998;106:793-6.
- Khattak S, et al. Pregnancy
outcome following gestational exposure to organic solvents: a
prospective controlled study. JAMA 1999;281:1106-9.
- American Academy of Pediatrics. Committee
on Environmental Health. Etzel, Ruth, ed.; Handbook of Pediatric
Environmental Health. C. 1999
- Bruening K. et al. Dietary calcium intakes
of urban children at risk of lead poisoning. Env Health Persp
- Mahaffey KR. Nutrition and lead: Strategies
for public health. Env Health Persp 1995;103(suppl 6):191-196.
- Niedert Eli, Trotman RB and Saschenbrecker
PW. Levels and incidences of pesticide residues in selected agricultural
food commodities available in Canada. Journal of AOAC Int 1994;77:18-33.
- Calabrese EJ, et al. Soil ingestion: a concern
for acute toxicity in children. Env Health Persp 1997;105:1354-8.
- Infante-Rivard C, et al. Risk of childhood
leukemia associated with exposure to pesticides and with gene
polymorphisms. Epidemiology 1999;10:481-7.
- McIntyre, L, Connor, S and Warren J. A
Glimpse of Child Hunger in Canada, October 1998, W-98-26EA
Human Resources & Development, Canada.
- Rosenstreich DL, et al. The role of cockroach
allergy and exposure to cockroach allergen in causing morbidity
among inner-city children with asthma. NEJM 1997;336:1356-1363.
- Newacheck PW and Halfon N. Prevalence, impact,
and trends in childhood disability due to asthma. Arch Pediatr
Adolesc Med 2000;154:287-93.
- Wheatley, B, Paradis, S. Exposure of Canadian
Aboriginal peoples to Methylmercury. Water, Air, and Soil Pollution
1995; 80: 3-11.
- Fitzgerald, EF, et al. Fish consumption and
breast milk PCB concentrations among Mohawk women at Akwesasne.
Am. J. Epid.1998;148:164-172. (Abstract)
- Van Oostdam J, et al. Human health implications
of environmental contaminants in Arctic Canada: a review. Science
of the Total Environment 1999;230:1-82.
- Wallace, B and Cooper, K. The citizen's action
guide to lead: Uncovering a hidden health hazard. NC Press: Toronto,